(ps. at least then the Dems couldn’t call us racists.)
(pps. they definitely couldn’t call us racist: we like Condi AND we’re a member of the NAACP.)
Tomorrow, sometime, America’s Future Foundation will announce the winner of their inaugural college blogger contest. Our gut feeling is not good.
While we all wait, here are a few links to a few good articles:
– Robert Paarlberg in The New York Post on the charity efforts to feed Africans.
– In the Wall Street Journal, and discussing another issue affecting families–our theme of the week–is Donna Freitas. She talks about the “hook-up” culture that dominates college campuses across the country and the damage it inflicts. (hat tip: S. Lybbert)
– Your weekly dose of Mark Steyn.
– Michael Barone provides electoral analysis of the Democrat civil war. So far the bloodletting in this dust-up has been limited to resignations or, in some cases (gasp), forced resignations. If someone actually dies we’ll capitalize “civil war.”
– Finally, the article of the week which also contains the quote of the week. Drum roll, please….. This week’s winner, George Will with “McCain’s Housing Restraint.” And from that article, this gem on liberal Democrats and the “housing crisis:”
The market, which bewilders and annoys liberals by correcting excesses without the supervision of liberals, is doing that as housing prices fall far enough to stimulate demand.
Cross your fingers and toes, everybody. Thanks a bunch for your comments and support.
If you have tips, questions, comments, suggestions, or requests for subscription only articles, email us at email@example.com.