– Men’s Fashion Tips from Vodk Studio (hat tip: Matt L.)
– Our friends over at the RNC sent us (and lots of other people) a link to their new blog. They’re looking for a name, so see what you can do.
– From our friend Branden Berns, a link to a fantastic article on Obama’s anti-free trade rhetoric. Also from that article, the image used above.
– Also from Branden, this article and the following comments:
Read this guy’s third point. Very clever and insightful. I just don’t think the economy is doing all that terrible. Unemployment is 5%. In the 70s it was 10% and economists estimate the natural unemployment rate to be between 4-4.5%.
I think it’s people like Jim Cramer on CNBC and all the other business journalists that are causing Bernanke to get scared and cut rates like a sissy. We learned business cycles are normal in 110 didn’t we?
Like Branden, we’re more afraid of the potential for inflation caused by the extreme rate cuts and the “stimulus package” put together by President Bush and Congress. By the time the effects of both are felt, the market will probably have already corrected itself. Market’s awesome. (said like Buster Bluth)
– From Matt B., and blogger Ben Treasure, check out Ben’s recent post on Drudge’s “outing” of Prince Harry. We just have one question for Ben: where have you been every time your beloved New York Times revealed American intelligence secrets thereby putting American soldiers and citizens at risk?
– Along with Ben’s well-written post, check out this article by Toby Harnden in the London newspaper, The Daily Telegraph about Matt Drudge and The Drudge Report (hat tip: Matt L.).
– Weekly plug for our fellow America’s Future Foundation College Blogger competitors:
- GOP3.com (Marquette University)
- The Oregon Commentator (University of Oregon)
- California Patriot Blog (Univeristy of California, Berkeley)
- The Irish Rover (University of Notre Dame)
- The Critical Badger (University of Wisconsin-Madison)
- The Claremont Conservative (Claremont McKenna College)
- Panther Talk Live (University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee)
- Dartblog (Dartmouth College)
- Surveillance State (Indiana University Bloomington)
- On Life and Lybberty (Brigham Young University & University College London)
– Weekly Fantasy Baseball plug:
With just over 20 days until the start of the official On Life and Lybberty Fantasy Baseball League, there’s not much time for you to join. If you love statistics, baseball, or just plain old competition, join up! The rosters are set small and only require once-a-week maintenance.
League ID: 32043
League Password: lybberty
Join and tell your friends.
– Homer Nods: In Friday’s post we reviewed the upcoming BYUSA elections and chided some of the candidates for simple spelling, grammar, etc., errors on their official websites. An anonymous reader, presumably a supporter of one of the campaigns, rightfully called us out for a typing error in an earlier post. We corrected the error but left the comment.
*UPDATE 2 March 8:57pm MST: Just got permission to link to this, an article about our brother and his fiancee–mostly about his fiancee.
**UPDATE 9:45pm MST: We’re doing a little more research on Prince Harry’s outing, here’s another good article (in addition to Ben’s, posted above). Warning: explicit language.
***UPDATE 10:25pm MST: Excellent tribute to WFB from our fav. conservative clinical psychologist and philosopher.
If you have tips, questions, comments, suggestions, or requests for subscription only articles, email us at email@example.com.