Because we love Seattle sports teams and all things Washington, we reproduce Bill Simmons bit from his Friday article about the NFL.
1. Loudest crowd I’ve ever heard. Seems like it’s more due to the way the stadium is built than anything else — for instance, Monday’s crowd was 20 percent Packers fans and even they sounded abnormally loud.
2. We decided that Seattle can’t be considered an underrated city because everyone always talks about how underrated it is, so now it’s properly rated. But can you think of another city other than New York or Los Angeles that had a bigger cultural impact on this country over the past 16 years? Grunge music, Starbucks, microbrews, Microsoft, Amazon.com and even ESPN.com all started there. What other city can come up with six things to compare to those?
3. Highlight of the trip: Finding out that Seahawks tackle Walter Jones has a daughter named Waleria and a son named Walterius..
4. Seahawks fans really, really, REALLY don’t like Jerramy Stevens. It’s a palpable dislike. Don’t think this won’t be rearing its head in January.
5. If you can’t get excited to attend a Monday Night Football game when it’s snowing out, you need to stop following sports immediately.
And he didn’t even mention Nordstrom, Boeing, Washington Mutual, or Costco. Seriously. How could he forget Costco? (Full Disclosure: We worked at Costco three summers in a row)
If you have Arrested Development tips, questions, comments, suggestions, or requests for subscription only articles, email us at email@example.com.